VPN is needed if accessing from off-campus.
Simulations & Hands-on Guides
Simulations are short demonstrations where the end user views a transaction being completed from start to finish.
- Each simulation contains two components: a Demo mode and a Practice mode. In the demo mode, you view the transaction. In the practice mode, you follow along step by step in the system. You can choose to do one component or both. Simulations are located in the Learning Resource Network. You will continue to have access to both the Demo mode and Practice mode even after completion.
Hands-on Guides are scripted simulations that captures steps for users to walk through.
- Each hands-on guide is available in two options. One is with images and the other is an alternative format without images.
Click on a topic below to view the simulations and hands-on guides. Then, click on an accordion to open the materials available for each topic.
Grants & Project Systems
IMPORTANT NOTICE for creating a Shopping Cart:
- Validate the delivery address details for each and every order created.
- Contact information is helpful; add your phone number and / or email address.
- Provide additional detail to help ensure correct delivery. For example, your room or floor number.
- Use the ‘Care Of’ line (C/O) if items are to be delivered to someone other than the shopping cart creator.
|Delivery Address Search||This transaction describes the process for locating an approved delivery address using the search capabilities and Penn State location code customization in a shopping cart.|
|Shopping Cart – 3 step Catalog and Contracts||This transaction is a basic shopping cart creation function that provides access to Lion Marketplace catalogs and available contracts.|
|Shopping Cart – 3 step Free Text||This transaction provides a basic shopping cart creation function that allows users to describe items and suggest a preferred supplier when the items cannot be found in the Lion Marketplace or on a contract (see information below about Vendors/Suppliers).|
This transaction uses a shopping cart with not-to-exceed limit line items.
|PO Change Request||
This transaction uses the standard shopping cart to process a change request to increase an existing purchase order.
This transaction uses shopping cart fields to request the purchase of radioactive materials.
|Shopping Cart – Standard Free Text||This transaction provides basic and complex free-text item purchasing using the standard shopping cart function and screens. The full-feature shopping screens may be needed if the purchase requires non-standard processing, many items, or the shopper is an experienced and/or high volume shopper.|
|Shopping Cart – Standard Lion Marketplace Punch-Out Catalog||This transaction describes the standard shopping function and screens when used to shop Lion Marketplace.|
|Shopping Cart – Standard PSU Contracts||This transaction describes the standard shopping function and screens when used to shop from contracts. Contracts may be Penn State wide or department specific.|